Queensland’s Peak Body for Intellectual Disability
From 1 July 2022, Down Syndrome Queensland is the Peak and Representative Body services for people with an Intellectual Disability in Queensland.
About Down Syndrome Queensland
Down Syndrome Queensland (DSQ) is the peak body for Intellectual Disability in Queensland and works for a better quality of life for people with intellectual disabilities, including Down syndrome.
Our role as the Peak and Representative body for Intellectual Disability is to help and support people with intellectual disability:
- with accessible and disability-specific information
- with online and state-wide phone support and referral services.
- through news, advice, referral information, and communication about support and services available in Queensland including information to access the NDIS
- by providing expert advice and feedback to government on matters impacting people with disability
- by promoting community awareness, education and training information for organisations and employers, and the broader community to influence community attitudes and remove barriers to inclusion
- by developing resources to support employers in attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability
Send us a message
Have questions or need a hand? We’re here to help.
Reach our friendly support team at Down Syndrome Queensland by calling
(07) 3356 6655 or email [email protected].
Where We Are
282 Stafford Road,
Stafford, QLD 4059